Entrepreneurship is the process of creating a business or organization with full understanding of the market and with aim of creating a value to people and how to make profits. It what makes an individual dreams come true. When you want to become an entrepreneur, you should have only one goal in your life. Not to make money, but to change the world. Money will always come as a result.
Both men & women can be entrepreneurs , it can only be done with passion. As I was in dental school, I was passionate about becoming an entrepreneur, in fact, I liked the word itself. I like to be called an entrepreneur rather than a doctor or any other title. The process of entrepreneurship requires extensive efforts and many failures can happen for the purpose of creating something new to everyone. Entrepreneurship nowadays is what makes life easier and more practical. I took a business course in my university that talks about Innovation, Development, & Entrepreneurship that inspired me even more to become an entrepreneur, & to create something that will change dentistry’s business forever. The human being alone can have the impact of changing the whole world.
My favorite entrepreneur is Elon Musk, who is the co-founder of PayPal, the founder of SpaceX, & CEO of TESLA. The story of SpaceX itself alone is what inspired me about him and the fact that the whole world criticized his idea of commercial space flight. He is my hero and i love his passion for his dreams. I like the way of how he thinks and how he changed the world forever. His passion for his dreams and the unwillingness to give up is what made him a multibillionaire today.
Entrepreneurial leaders are according to researches are made, not born. The experience of one can gain in their field often leads them into an entrepreneurial adventure.
There are certain strategies for a dentist to become an entrepreneur.
- Provide the best up-to-date service to patients in a quick & timely manner
- Focus on your attitude & behavior
- Analyze the finances and plan some for attrition
- Spread positive energy
- Train staff to become winners, not whiners
- Set goals & reward your top performers
There are also certain qualities that every entrepreneurial dentist should have.
- Resolve, which is the willingness to decide firmly on a course of action
- Fearlessness, which is operating without fear
- Acceptance of ambiguity, which is the quality of being open to more than one interpretation
- Adaptability, which is the quality of being able to adjust to new conditions
- Risk tolerance
- Core values, which are the principles that govern and guide a behavior or action
- And Finally, Responsibility.
So, what do you think? Did you join dentistry to secure a high paying job or to change the world? I will leave the answer to you!